Exploration geologists and geophysicists as well as team leaders and managers who are involved in detecting new plays within their concession.
The course is designed to highlight the principals of trapping mechanisms for those exploring for additional hydrocarbon discoveries. Covering all types of traps in different tectonic settings, with special emphasis on the Middle East traps, the instructor will show some field examples and how the trap integrity can be quantified and risked.
- Introduction to trapping mechanisms
- Origin, regime and potential of traps
- Structural, diapiric, stratigraphic and combination traps
- Classic examples of the types
- Quantification of trap integrity
- Local field cases