Petroleum engineers, reservoir engineers, production engineers, drilling engineers and geoscientists.
This course provides a broad overview of the nature of formation damage problems, how they occur during various oilfield operations, and their effects on well productivity. It reviews basic rock properties affected by formation damage, discusses the types and mechanisms of formation damage, evaluates economic implications, and integrates field and laboratory methods for recognition of the damage. Geological and engineering techniques for proper evaluation of the problem and procedures to minimize/alleviate it are presented.
- Introduction to formation damage
- Diagnosis of formation damage
- Scale and precipitate damage
- Scale deposition, removal and prevention
- Prediction and identification of scales
- Organic deposition
- Sanding and wellbore stability