Stratigraphy and Tectonic Development in the Arabian Gulf
This course is valuable for all levels from fresh graduates to managers working in the exploration, development and production divisions.
The course aims to explain the tectonic development and the nature of stratigraphic units deposited in the Arabian Gulf region. The Arabian Gulf was affected to a great extent by a series of tectonic events that permitted the accumulation of thick, uninterrupted sedimentary sequences and stratigraphic units over a very large area of the Gulf.
- Definition of the stratigraphic units in the Gulf.
- Stratigraphic framework of the northern & southern regions.
- Tectonic development of the Arabian basin.
- Major tectonic elements in the northern & southern regions.
- Influence of tectonic settings on oil generation, migration and entrapment.