Geostatistics in Reservoir Modeling
Geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and engineers who are involved in reservoir characterization studies and wish to understand the role of geostatistics in reservoir modeling. Neither prior geostatistical knowledge nor experience in 3D modeling is assumed.
Geostatistical methods are becoming a standard tool for building reservoir models. The key objectives of this course are to develop a fundamental understanding of the concepts and methodology of geostatistics and its applications in reservoir characterization and modeling, reservoir descriptions and simulation. The participant will learn how to integrate geological, geophysical, petrophysical and engineering data into high-resolution.
- Introduction to geostatistics
- Practical uses of geostatistics
- Univariate & Bivariate statistical analysis
- Cross plot, PDF and CDF (construction and interpretation)
- Spatial relationships between properties
- Variogram (building and interpretation)
- Geostatistical algorithms
- Properties & Facies modeling
- Object-based modeling
- Basic concepts of upscaling & simulation