Drilling supervisors and engineers, Well Engineers, Mud Engineers and service companies personal.
The drill bit represents the heart of the drill string, and therefore its proper selection and use cannot be overemphasized. The objective of this course is to acquaint the participants with bit types and design, selection criteria and factors affecting bit wear.
- Fundamentals of bit design and manufacturing
- Bit types
- Drag bits
- Rolling cutter bits
- Insert bits-seals -friction bearings
- Milled tooth bits
- Diamond bits
- Polycrystalline diamond compact (PDC)
- Standard classification
- Criteria for selecting the bit for a given formation
- Standard methods for evaluating bit dullness
- Factors affecting bit wear and drilling speed
- Optimization of bit weight and rotary speed
- Factors affecting bit performance