Introduction Sequence Stratigraphy
EExploration /production geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir engineers.
The key objective of this course is to develop a fundamental understanding of the concepts and methodology of sequence stratigraphy and its application in exploring and developing oil and gas fields.
- Concepts of sequence stratigraphy
- Systematic identification of strata terminations
- Identification of seismic sequences and their component
- Sequence stratigraphic analysis of Logs and cores
- Accommodation models for carbonate and siliciclastic strata.
- Chronostratigraphic charts
- Integration of depositional systems concepts into seismic sections
- Construct accommodation models for carbonate/siliciclastic strata.
- Use the new skills and concepts to recognize and understand sequence stratigraphic controls on reservoir quality and flow units.
- Several exercises in which students will work with well log, cores and seismic data in a workshop environment to interpret stratigraphy
- Case studies from the Arabian Gulf, North Sea and North America